The Lantern is currently open and taking bookings under NL's Provincial Health Alert Level 2. Please refer to the Provincial Public Health Protocols for specific information regarding the Alert Levels and NL's public health guidance. When booking space at The Lantern, you will be expected to adhere to the following:
- We will provide directional signage, hygiene stations and posters, sanitized hand washing and bathroom facilities, and event space sanitization services. Our Event Host will be at Reception to help you with anything that may arise.
- Certain individuals are at a higher risk than others of severe illness from COVID-19 (see details here). As the event facilitator, it is your responsibility to make your participants aware of these risks.
- Any individuals who have travelled from outside Newfoundland within the past two weeks, or have knowingly been exposed to someone with symptoms of COVID-19 (see symptoms here) are not permitted to attend events at The Lantern. As the event facilitator, it is your responsibility to identify these individuals and ask them to not attend your event. Please contact us if you would like to use our screening questionnaire.
- Please remind your participants to stay home if they feel sick.
- Attendance is limited to the maximum number of people agreed upon with The Lantern during your booking process and cannot be exceeded.
- Wearing a non-medical mask that covers the nose and mouth is mandatory for everyone at The Lantern, excluding children 5 years old or younger, or anyone with a condition that prevents them from wearing a face covering. Participants may only remove their face masks while seated or engaged in physical activity, so long as physical distancing is maintained in either case.
- Please ask your participants to bring their own face masks. However, we do have a limited supply of face masks at our Reception if a participant requires one.
- Physical distancing (2m/6ft) is to be maintained between individuals or bubbles while at The Lantern.
- We will provide a registration sheet for contact tracing purposes that one individual (facilitator, trainer, etc.) will need to fill out on behalf of your group. We keep that list confidentially for two weeks and then destroy it.
- Participants are not allowed to share food, beverages, equipment, supplies or materials while at The Lantern.
You may find our regular programs and events listed here.